Mini kms activator v1051 for office 2010 download free for windows 10. Why Does Turning Things Off And On Always Seem To Fix Them? 'Have you tried restarting your machine?' These are the six words your company's ever-so-patient tech guy rattles off whenever you summon him to fix your frozen laptop. How to Turn Off Windows 10 S Mode. To turn off Windows 10 S Mode, click the Start button then go to Settings Update & Security Activation. Select Go to the Store and click Get under the Switch out of S Mode panel. Then click Install and wait for the process to finish. Take note that switching out of S Mode is a one-way process.
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. verb To disable, disconnect, or stop the function of something. A noun or pronoun can be used between 'turn' and 'off.' I forgot to turn off my laptop, and now the battery is dead.Please turn the water off when you're done brushing your teeth.
2. verb To steer a vehicle or walk off of a particular path or route. You're going to turn off at the next exit.We turned off the main path and started hiking around the edge of the lake.
3. verb To cause someone to dislike, become averse to, or lose interest in something. A noun or pronoun can be used between 'turn' and 'off.' Sometimes followed by 'to (something).' I thought the subject would be interesting, but the professor's boring lectures really turned me off.I know that the accident really turned Janet off to driving on the highway.
4. verb To cause someone to lose sexual interest or excitement. A noun or pronoun can be used between 'turn' and 'off.' Nothing turns me off like someone who is arrogant.I think he was turned off by her many tattoos.Sorry, knowing your roommates are home kind of turns me off.
5. noun Something that causes someone to lose sexual interest or excitement. As a noun, the phrase is usually hyphenated. It's a big turn-off when a guy just talks about himself.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
turn someone off
to dull someone's interest in someone or something. The boring prof turned me off to the subject. The preacher set out to turn off the congregation to sin.
turn something off
to switch something off so that it stops running or operating. Please turn the light off. Turn off the lights as you leave.
turn off (something)(some place)
to walk or steer one's vehicle off a route at a particular place. Turn off the highway at the first exit after the city. Let's turn off here. We turned off the path just past the big oak tree.
turn off something
Turning Off Windows Defender
to walk or turn a vehicle one way or another so that one leaves the road or route to another. You are supposed to turn off the highway at the yellow mailbox.
(something) onto something to walk or steer one's vehicle from one route to another. I turned off the main highway onto a side road. Ann turned off onto the shoulder.
[for something] to go off; to switch off. All the lights turn off automatically.
Turning It Off And On Again
uninterested. I'm sort of turned off to stuff like that these days. Part of getting older, I guess. I can't pay attention if I'm turned off, now can I?
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. Stop the operation, activity, or flow of; shut off, as in Turn off the lights when you leave. [Mid-1800s]
2. Affect with dislike, revulsion, or boredom; cause to lose interest. For example, That vulgar comedian turned us off completely, or The movie was all right for an hour or so, but then I was turned off. [Slang; mid-1900s]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. To leave some course or direction: Turn off at the next exit.
2. To stop the operation, activity, or flow of something: She turned off the television. He turned the radio off.
3. Slang To affect someone with dislike, displeasure, or revulsion: That song really turns me off. The editorial turned off many readers.
4. Slang To affect someone with boredom: The boring lecture turned off the class. The movie turned the audience off.
5. Slangturn off to To lose interest in something: My family turned off to boating once we started swimming more.
6. Slangturn off to To cause someone to lose interest in something: Breaking my leg turned me off to skiing. I looked forward to going to the beach, but after seeing all the drunk college students there, I got really turned off.
7. Slang To cease paying attention: Whenever you don't like what I say, you just turn off.
8. Slang To cause someone to lose sexual interest: Pickup lines turn me off. His rude behavior turned off everyone he tried to pick up.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
turn someone off
tv. to dull someone’s interest in someone or something. The preacher set out to turn off the congregation to sin.
Turning It Off Direction In Sink Pipe
mod. uninterested. I’m sort of turned off to stuff like that these days. Part of getting older, I guess.
n. something that repels someone. The movie was a turn-off. I couldn’t stand it.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
Turning It Off And On Again Gif
Want to thank TFD for its existence? Tell a friend about us, add a link to this page, or visit the webmaster's page for free fun content.
Turning It Off
Link to this page: